Posted on Nov 12th, 2015
The Wicks Group routinely provides legal services to various types of business aviation-related entities, such as charter operators/brokers, corporate flight departments, aircraft management companies, fractional ownership programs, business aviation manufacturers, airports and fixed-base operators, as well as to private aircraft operators. We advise such clients on the development of aircraft ownership and operating structures; aircraft acquisition, financing and leasing; regulatory compliance; and other matters.
- Assisting a foreign business aircraft owner with completing the FAA’s Part 125 certification process and obtaining approvals for Operations Specifications changes over time
- Representing a high-net worth individual in a disputed sales transaction for a private A319 jet, including litigation before the International Registrar, New York state court, and federal district court, and both commercial and regulatory aspects of the transaction
- Advising several Part 135 charter operators on regulations and FAA guidance related to their Continuing Analysis and Surveillance Systems (CASS), including reviewing their CASS manuals to identify areas of regulatory non-compliance
- Advising a member of the Saudi Royal Family on strategies for resolving issues related to a large private jet completion, and successfully representing the client in negotiations with the completion firm
- Advising several business aircraft operators on European Union Emissions Trading System requirements
Read more about our services to a Part 135 charter operator here.